At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
The role of Home Maker is central to the delivery of our person-centered approach, based on agreed individual care plans that enhance the physical and social wellbeing of our clients and help them achieve their goals. Our Home Makers go above and beyond basic assistance with daily activities around the home, to work collaboratively with clients and their families as they build resilience and self-determination.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Certificate 4 in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- Current First Aid certificate
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Tech savvy with the capacity to document and communicate electronically, including via email and mobile phone
- Great organisation and time management skills
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks