Location:North Shore and Northern Beaches
Closing:October 26, 2021
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Home Support Officer to work a fixed term full time at our Lane Cove facility (up to 27 Sep 2022).
This role is central to the delivery of our person-centred approach, and is the face of Uniting that goes beyond basic assistance with enquires and office tasks, to work collaboratively with management team to support clients and their families to achieve their goals.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Communicate well with clients with varied needs and backgrounds.
- Perform various administration tasks such as capturing enquiries, preparation of rosters, purchasing and client bookings.
- Engage and build community connections, prompting the services of Uniting
- Facilitate quality, timely and effective communication maintaining privacy and confidentiality of each client
- Promote the rights and privacy of our clients, in accordance with relevant policy and legislation
- Certificate 3 in Business Administration, Customer Service or equivalent qualification/experience
- Flu Vaccination
- Rostering experience
Skills & experience
- Understanding and active usage of ACFI
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- High attention to detail and ability to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.