Location:Sydney - Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:May 22, 2024
- Up to $33.63 p/h + penalties, super, tax benefits
- Fixed term contract (around 3-5 months)
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s leading aged care providers
What you’ll be doing in this role
Our Uniting Household Model of care empowers our residential care teams with freedom to support our residents in ways that help them maintain a sense of meaning and purpose in their day. Care Worker teams in each of our households are led by a team leadership role that we call a Homemaker at Uniting.
As a Homemaker, you’ll be responsible for supervising the smooth operations of a household. You’ll allocate work to team members based on resident choices, and work to promote a cohesive and harmonious work environment.
Your other main responsibilities will include:
- Managing queries and feedback from residents and their families, your co-workers and other service providers
- Monitoring equipment to ensure that it’s in safe working order and arranging maintenance and repairs when needed
- Tracking supplies and consumables and re-ordering as needed in line with budgets
- Assisting residents with daily living activities and personal care, always making their dignity and independence a top priority and
- Working for the continuous improvement of our service to ensure it’s the best it can be, in line with Aged Care Accreditation Standards.
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have a Certificate IV in Aged Care or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally, you’ll have previous supervisory experience in aged or community care but if you’re experienced within a similar industry, then we’d love to hear from you too.
- You’ll need to be adaptable and resourceful, and be able to live our values of compassion, respect, imagination, and boldness every day.
- You’ll be experienced in using client/data management systems.
- You may hold these additional certifications (highly regarded but not essential):
- Assist Clients with Medication (HLTHPS006)
- Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAP301B)
- Provide Support to People Living with Dementia (CHCAGE005).
Creating a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
About Uniting Aged Care
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- Other pre-employment screenings
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.