Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:March 9, 2024
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and taking action to keep them safe.
As an organization, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting seeks experienced Leisure and Wellness Coordinator to work at Uniting Salamander Bay on a part-time permanent basis.
Our Leisure and Wellness Coordinator is core to the Uniting team who lives and breathes inspired care.
Leisure and Wellness Coordinators embody the Uniting person-centered care approach which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals. Working alongside the care team, L &W Coordinator is making sure that the client’s unique physical, psychological, social, and spiritual well-being is enhanced through meaningful lifestyle and wellbeing programs.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing opportunities to improve clients’ quality of life through facilitating relationship-enabling environments & activities.
- Building and delivering an integrated approach for community engagement and inclusion that reflects the unique needs of each client, within and external to the home
- Establishing relationships and networks within your local community to promote active aging opportunities
- Facilitate quality, timely and effective communication maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of each client
- Certificate 4 Leisure and Lifestyle and/or equivalent qualifications
- Previous experience would be advantageous
Skills & experience
- Expert understanding of what creates meaningful engagement for clients
- A sound understanding of community engagement & inclusion
- Know-how of contemporary leisure & lifestyle assessment and program planning processes
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate with a range of stakeholders, and develop partnerships.
- A demonstrated ability to plan, develop and coordinate community and social events.
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary packaging
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
At Uniting we believe that being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is the best way to keep our employees and clients safe. That’s why we require all potential new employees to have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine before they start work with us.