Closing:March 9, 2024
- Hamlyn Terrace Location
- Competitive pay, flexibility & great benefits
- Permanent Part time – 60 hours per fortnight
About our facility
Nestled on the edge of a serene bushland reserve in Hamlyn Terrace on the NSW Central Coast, Uniting Starrett Lodge is a peaceful and happy aged care home with 4 separate households, each with up to 20 residents, including a Memory Support Unit for people living with dementia. Our Uniting Homemaker ensures that the community is thriving and doing things that are meaningful and enjoyable.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll provide care and companionship to residents and delivery innovative leisure and lifestyle activities that are specifically tailored and designed for the resident’s needs, interests and capabilities, these also include:
- Lead, guide and direct the staff with the planning of the program of activities, ensuring to liaise with team members, residents and carers.
- Ensure that all residents are able to be part of an activity program of interest and that they are capable of achieving the desired outcomes.
- Confirm activities program with the Manager with all details provided to include residents involved, timetable and resources organized.
- Ensure that all evaluation of activities, daily activity participation sheets and other paper work is completed and that it reflects continuous improvement.
- Develop activities that account for previous interests and current capabilities that enhance their quality of life through their interest and hobbies.
Who we’re looking for
- Ideally, we’re looking for previous experience in aged/community care or Lifestyle program in Age Care but if you’re qualified and just starting out on your carer then we’d love to hear from you too.
- You’ll need to be resilient and resourceful, and be able to live our values of compassion, respect, imagination, and boldness every day.
- Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle or equivalent qualifications or demonstrated competency in the knowledge required for this role.
Creating a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do which is why we support all our Uniting team members to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility and great benefits. Together, we can build a better future for the people we serve, for Uniting and for You.
Who is Uniting?
Uniting is one of Australia’s largest and most trusted community service providers. We believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place and we work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. At Uniting, we celebrate and always welcome people just as they are.
How to apply
If this opportunity is of interest, then we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button in this ad, fill out your details and submit. We encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting will require a National Police Check, and Reference Checks