Location:Southern Suburbs & Logan
Closing:January 19, 2022
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal, we strive to enable residents to continue to live lives of meaning and have opportunities to participate in purposeful activity. We encourage residents to actively contribute to their communities and to have a real sense of purpose in their day.
About the role:
- Permanent part time hours available
- Reporting directly to the Wellbeing & Lifestyle Coordinator
- Assisting with the execution and implementation of activities and programs
- Liaising with residents to develop activities that meet their needs interests
- Working to deliver Opal’s Meaningful Life Program Initiatives
- Assisting with social outings, activities and transportation
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A passion for delivering high quality care that makes a difference for our residents.
- A Diploma or Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle OR Community Services (ideal but not essential)
- Relevant experience in aged care or dementia care
- Excellent customer service & resident relation skills
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills and commitment to continuous quality improvement
What Opal can offer you:
- Flexible working hours and shift options
- Pro-rata Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Access to Career Progression via Opal’s Educational Scholarships
- Opportunities to specialise in additional disciplines including Dementia Care
- Employee Referral Program – earn bonuses for inviting your friends to work with us!
- A collaborative team environment with supportive management
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes, as well as at least one dose of the COVID19 vaccine from September 17, 2021.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal