Location:Wollongong, Illawara and South Coast
Closing:August 25, 2022
- Would you like to join an innovative customer centric not-for-profit organisation
- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Do you have great customer service skills and excellent written communication skills?
- Do you have lived experience or experience for caring for someone with a disability?
- Do you thrive in high volume, fast paced and challenging working environment?
- More information about Uniting LAC Careers can be found here in our video: Uniting LAC Careers – “We are you”
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve, no matter where they are at in their life.
About Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community (PITC) Program
The NDIS Partners in the Community Program for Local Area Coordination (LAC) Services works in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to assist people with disability, their families and carers to engage with the National Disability Insurance Schemes (NDIS).
Uniting LAC support people aged 7-65 who have NDIS plans and are eligible for the Scheme, as well as connect people, who are not eligible for the Scheme, to services and supports in their local community.
- Working with people with disability, their families and carers at all stages of the NDIS journey including gathering and recording information to support the development of individual funding packages
- Working with people to build their individual capacity, exercise their choice and control in connecting to appropriate services and supports in their local community
- Developing a working knowledge of relevant legislation and guiding documents to ensure decision making aligns with Scheme intent.
- Working on multiple business systems to ensure the accurate collection and reporting of information and report writing
Benefits & Culture:
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well as people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging (visit https://accesspay.com.au/ for more information)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid travel entitlements
- Staff discounts with major retailers
- Diversity and Inclusion peer support groups
- Ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
- Further career development opportunities
How to apply:
Candidates are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the NDIS and LAC program to increase understanding.
Please read the position description attached below for more information about the role and ensure you address all of the selection criteria when applying.
Position Description: LAC_Local Area Coordinator.pdf
Employment with Uniting LAC Program is subject to satisfactory background checks which include Working with Children Check clearance, Reference Checks, State and National Police Checks and entry level checks conducted by Services Australia.
At Uniting we believe that being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is the best way to keep our employees and clients safe. That’s why we require all potential new employees to have received three (3) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment.
More information about Uniting LAC Careers can be found here in our video: Uniting LAC Careers – “We are you”