Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:Closing in 16 hours
What you’ll be doing in this role
As a Local Area Coordinator, you would be using your people skills, ability to multitask and move with changes rapidly to assist participants to be linked to and navigate the NDIS. You will guide participants in their options to make informed choices while gathering information for the development of their NDIS plans to help further build capacity. LACs also support NDIS participants in exploring ways to achieve their goals and help them understand how the funding in their plan works.
This is a Full Time, close period contract until 30 June 2025.
Your work will include:
- Supporting people with disabilities, their families and carers by providing linkage and referrals to community and Mainstream Services and/or services funded by the NDIA’s Grant programs
- With hands on NDIS and Uniting training you will develop a thorough understanding of how to best support NDIS participants through the various stages of their pathway
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Service Area Leadership Team consistent with the general nature and responsibilities of the position
Who we’re looking for
- Someone with great people skills, excellent written communication and time management skills.
- Someone who has lived experience and/or experience caring for someone with a disability
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, and resourceful and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
We’ll create a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $15,900 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid travel entitlements
- RDOs (Rostered Day Off)
- Staff discounts and cash backs programs with major retailers
- Diversity and Inclusion peer support groups
- Hands on training, career development and mentoring with a leading provider
- An accessible employee assistance program to support yours and your families wellbeing
About Uniting Local Area Coordination
The NDIS Partners in the Community Program for Local Area Coordination (LAC) Services works in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to assist people with disability, their families and carers to build capacity in a participant’s life and exercise choice and control.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- Working with Children Check
- Other pre-employment screenings
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Position Description: Local Area Coordinator – Position Description
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Talent Acquisition Specialist, Mitch Heaven via email@example.com.