Location:Sydney - Inner West
What you’ll be doing in this role
Uniting is seeking a Bus Driver to work at Uniting Annesley, 1 Haberfield Road, Haberfield on a permanent part time basis to provide driving services for, and to ensure the safe and comfortable transport of Residents, along with performing care staff duties when necessary.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Efficient arrangement of maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Monitoring daily the completion of daily vehicle checks
- Provide driving services to and be responsible for the welfare and safety of residents and clients travelling between their places of residence and other Uniting Locations and on outings
- Assist residents and clients to enter and exit the bus and provide mobility support as required
- Provide supervision of residents and clients and ensure their safety always
What we’re looking for
- Current MR or LR licence.
- Proven experience and reliability in bus driving.
- Certificate III in Aged Care is desirable.
- A strong commitment to working with the frail aged and people with challenging behaviours, and disabilities including dementia, developmental disabilities and psychiatric illnesses.
- Ability to provide service equitable to all consumers regardless of race, religion, gender, social or financial background.
- Commitment to observe the WHS policies of Uniting Ageing.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- A sound knowledge of surrounding road networks.
We’ll create a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
About Uniting Aged Care
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- APHRA registration checks
- Other pre-employment screenings
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.