Closing:October 28, 2021
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the opportunity:
Seeking an experienced Maintenance Officer to work within our Asset Management team to provide exceptional ongoing maintenance support to our Independent Living Villages and Residential Aged Care facilities in ACT.
This is a permanent position, 5 days per week.
You will be an experienced all-rounder who will support our services & clients through efficient preventative maintenance and reactive activities working both individually and together within the maintenance team. The role will have a strong focus on safety & wellbeing of our residents, clients, visitors & staff through maintenance skills and expertise and be able to deliver outstanding customer service.
The position will report to the Asset Coordinator – Canberra.
- Proven experience in routine building & equipment maintenance
- Ability to be flexible, proactive and think on your feet
- Strong relationship building skills
- Exceptional communication skills and customer focused
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Wellbeing and the aptitude to assess and mitigate risk in a physical environment
- Prior experience in the aged care setting is highly regarded
- Driver’s license is essential as there will be travel involved.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant qualification(s) and/or experience in an appropriate discipline is desirable
- Current NSW/ACT driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation that relates to buildings, workplace health and safety desirable.
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain buildings and equipment to be compliant with legislation and/or corporate standards.
- Understanding of obligations of contractors.
Even better: demonstrated experience in a maintenance role desirable.
Benefits and Culture:
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging
- Paid travel entitlement
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check, reference checks, working with children checks, and NDIS checks.