Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:October 30, 2021
Head to Health is a mental health service servicing consumer of all ages and is aimed at increasing access to mental health supports through COVID safe face-face, telephone and video appointments (led by consumer choice). The service will also provide service navigation supports and link consumers in with the most appropriate supports in the timeliest manner. Referrals into the service will operate a no wrong door approach and can either be facilitated via walk-ins and/or a centralised intake line managed by the PHN – Primary Health Network.
- New Mental Health support service to community
- Use your Cert IV Mental or Community Services to promote program
- Attractive salary plus salary packaging & Ongoing opportunities
This Service Navigator aims to make the health system more accessible for people with moderate mental health concerns by linking them in with the most appropriate mental health and wrap around supports in the Parramatta area.
The Service Navigator provides support by way of information, resources and pathways, assisting people to gain access to services in line with care plans developed by Head 2 Health Clinicians. The Service Navigator will use their ingenuity and broad knowledge of local Mental Health services in the community to ensure that consumers receive appropriate supports in a timely manner.
The Service Navigator will leverage off their established networks with partners and other service provider and quickly identify new opportunities for new service offering/s (where existing relationships do not exist).
• Certificate IV in Mental Health, Community Services, or other relevant qualification
• Unrestricted Driver’s license
Typically, this role will require 5 or more years’ experience in your field of expertise. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be organized, systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined. You will be continuing to develop in your area of expertise and be expected to provide innovative ideas to solve problems in your discipline. It is expected that you will be developing good skills at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority, as required.
Additionally, you will have;
• Experience working within clinical, health and/or welfare service and support systems
• The ability to provide individualised support to people with mental health concerns
• Experience in client-centred interviewing and the ability to elicit data/information on the needs of a consumer
• Experience working with a diverse range of health professionals and consumers
• Ability to complete referral forms, needs assessments and outcome measures for consumers
• Understanding of mental health legislation
• Well developed technology literacy
• Experience in community development
• Previous experience in providing peer support and/or a lived experience of mental health concerns
• Cert IV Peer Work
• ASIST training and/or experience in suicide intervention
• Mental Health First Aid training
• Current First Aid certificate
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and Working with Children Check.
Enquiries to Rose Rivera, Talent Acquisition Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org .