Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:October 22, 2021
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative Plus (HASI Plus) program is a community based mental health residential service providing accommodation and 16 hours or 24 hour support to adults with mental health issues, in order to assist them to participate in their communities. The HASI Plus service aims to support people to reach their own goals which may include employment, tenancy maintenance, physical health and mental health improvements.
- Full Time Shift Worker close to Parramatta
- Opportunity to promote hope & recovery in people’s lives
- Good rates Plus Generous salary packaging benefits
The Mental Health Support Worker of HASI Plus will work with the HASI Plus, Clinical Lead, and Service Manager to ensure that the most appropriate and effective services are provided to consumers of the HASI Plus service. Mental Health Support Workers will support the development and monitoring of individualised recovery plans to best support consumers in reaching their recovery goals.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the assessment of consumers and the development of individual recovery plans based on individual recovery goals.
- Assist in the delivery of individual assistance for consumers with a mental illness, based on individual recovery goals to support consumers.
- Assist with the monitoring and review of consumer recovery plans, in partnership with Clinical Lead/carers/family members/clinicians/ community organisations as appropriate.
- Complete risk assessments and safety planning activities as required for consumers engaged with service
- Certificate IV qualification in Mental Health or related field
- Experience working with consumers with severe and persistent mental illness
- Understanding of the Principles of Recovery Orientated Mental Health Practice
- Demonstrated ability to develop Individual Support Plans and utilise outcome measures
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team
- Ability to utilise computer based software and programs
- NSW Driver’s License or equivalent
- ‘Working with Children’ Clearance
- Prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check
- Willingness to work a rotating roster including weekends/weekdays, days/evenings, and public holidays
- Experience in Suicide Intervention, or completion of ASIST training
- Successful completion of ‘Mental Health First Aid’ training
- Successful completion of ‘First Aid’ training
- An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Advance knowledge of local service networks
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries only to email@example.com . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button.