Closing:October 31, 2021
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Home Support (Administration) Officer to work at Uniting Nunyara in Peakhurst, NSW, on a full time permanent basis. Our Home Support Officer is core to the Uniting team, and live and breathe Inspired Care.
This role is central to the delivery of our person-centred approach, and is the face of Uniting that goes beyond basic assistance with enquires and office tasks, to work collaboratively with management team to support clients and their families to achieve their goals.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Communicate well with clients with varied needs and backgrounds.
- Perform various administration tasks such as capturing enquiries, preparation of rosters, purchasing and client bookings.
- Engage and build community connections, prompting the services of Uniting
- Facilitate quality, timely and effective communication maintaining privacy and confidentiality of each client
- Promote the rights and privacy of our clients, in accordance with relevant policy and legislation
- Work for the continuous improvement of our service to ensure it’s the best it can be, in line with Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Certificate 3 in Business Administration, Customer Service or equivalent qualification/experience
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- High attention to detail and ability to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident flying solo
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Tech savvy with the capacity to document and communicate electronically, including via email and mobile phone
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Experience using client/data management systems
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
For Further Information Contact: Aldrich Fernandes
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.