About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Leisure and Wellness Coordinator to work at Uniting Nunyara, NSW, on a part time permanent basis.
This position is an amazing opportunity to step up and growth in your career covering one facility with 78 residents.
Our Leisure and Wellness Coordinator is core to the Uniting team, and live and breathe Inspired Care.
Leisure and Wellness Coordinators embody the Uniting person-centred care approach which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals. Working alongside the care team, clients’ unique physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing is enhanced through meaningful lifestyle and wellbeing programs.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing opportunities to improve clients’ quality of life through facilitating relationship-enabling environments & activities.
- Building and delivering an integrated approach for community engagement and inclusion that reflects the unique needs of each client, within and external to the home
- Establishing relationships and networks within your local community to promote active ageing opportunities
- Facilitate quality, timely and effective communication maintaining privacy and confidentiality of each client
- Certificate 4 Leisure and Lifestyle and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Flu Vaccination
- Covid Vaccination
Skills & experience
- Expert understanding of what creates meaningful engagement for clients
- A sound understanding of community engagement & inclusion
- Know-how of contemporary leisure & lifestyle assessment and program planning processes
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate with a range of stakeholders, and develop partnerships.
- A demonstrated ability to plan, develop and coordinate community and social events.
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary packaging
Please note vaccinations may be required.
For any questions please contact your name Talent Acquisition Specialist – Suzie Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0466 526 227
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.