Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:February 25, 2024
About the Opportunity
The Occupational Therapist will provide relevant professional services based on the needs and goals of the individual client. This role will require travel around the Hunter and Central Coast region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Home modification reports
- Aids/equipment assessment and recommendations
- Occupational therapy interventions and education
- Health promotion activities and advice
- Bachelor/Master or relevant degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Current Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in an Aged Care environment- Aged care experience is desirable
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to build rapport with others
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and be confident working autonomously when required
- Ability to organise and conduct health screening and functional assessments
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organisation excites you, then click APPLY now to get your application started!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.