At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
The Occupational Therapist will provide relevant professional services based on the needs and goals of the individual client. This role will require travel around the Northern Sydney, Northern Beaches and Ku-ring-Gai region. This role is a permanent part-time position, working 3-4 days a week.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Home modification reports
- Aids/equipment assessment and recommendations
- Occupational therapy interventions and education
- Health promotion activities and advice
- Bachelor/Master or relevant degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Current Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in an Aged Care environment- Aged care experience is desirable
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to build rapport with others
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and be confident working autonomously when required
- Ability to organise and conduct health screening and functional assessments
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & career development opportunities
- Salary packaging for permanent employees (visit http://www.salary.com.au for more information (benefit vehicle options)
- Paid travel entitlements
- Discounts with select retailers
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
Click on the link below to apply now and join an organisation that makes a difference!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks