At Uniting we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to works as part of the Payroll Shared Services team to process fortnightly pay runs and ensures that all processes are executed accurately and in a timely manner across all functional tasks.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Setup new employees as part of eRecruit Landing form process
- Terminate employees
- Process leave requests
- Action pay queries
- Process fortnightly payrun in accordance with the correct interpretation of award requirements
Systems and processes:
- Must have experience with Preceda payroll systems
- Intermediate Microsoft excel skill.
- Experience in a shared service environment and solid understanding of current EA agreements and awards, HR practices, Salary Packaging, FBT, PAYG, workers compensation, and timesheet management, procedures, operations and legislation.
- Experience working on complex payroll transformation projects and process improvement initiatives
You will have the ability to:
- Own the job – Take ownership for all responsibilities and honour commitments within your own role and strive to achieve goals with a “can-do” attitude to levels of excellence.
- Persevere – Remain committed to completing the job in the face of obstacles and barriers.
- Sets achievable timeframes and work to complete projects, tasks and duties on time.
- Make Sound Decisions – Analyse problems, seek input from relevant people and then take appropriate action to implement the most effective solution in a timely manner.
What is in it for you?
You will be part of a fun and friendly supportive team, feel valued and work in a fast-paced environment for a progressive organisation. Uniting is a phase of growth and transformation; the latter may lead to opportunity to grow with us! Salary packaging option and a level of flexibility is offered.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national Police check, working with children check, working with vulnerable people check and reference checks.
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.