Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:January 17, 2022
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Program Support Officer to join our friendly and supportive South West and Western Sydney Home & Community Care team on a full-time permanent basis. The role is based in North Parramatta with clients across the South West, Western Sydney and Nepean region.
Key responsibilities assisting our clients include:
- Provide complex person-centred case management, including assessment and care planning
- Assist and enable clients to understand their aged care funding in accordance with financial budgets and program operational guidelines
- Community Networking, sales and business development to promote Uniting Services
- Ensure compliance with Aged Care Quality Standards
- Providing cost effective, evidence based and goal orientated case management while working in partnership with clients to achieve positive outcomes reflecting meaning and purpose for our clients.
You are an exceptional team player with a high level of energy and enthusiasm that thrives on helping others. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualifications in Allied Health, Nursing, or Aged Care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound and proficient organisational skills with strong time management
- The ability to build rapport and trust with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency in using computer applications including Microsoft office, client/data management systems and a willingness to learn new programs
- Current First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
- Demonstrated commitment to Uniting values “We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.”
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & career development opportunities
- Salary packaging for permanent employees (visit http://www.salary.com.au for more information (benefit vehicle options)
- Paid travel entitlements
- Discounts with select retailers
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
Click on the link below to apply now and join an organisation that makes a difference!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check and reference checks.