Location:CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Closing:November 11, 2021
At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
This is aged care but not as you know it!
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 care communities across four states and employing a team of over 9000 nationally. We are transforming our culture and our customer experience, and growing our Opal communities with 10 new care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Operational Excellence, the National Lifestyle Manager will lead the Meaningful Life program across Opal by contributing to the Meaningful Life strategy with programs and environments that support residents to continue to live lives of meaning and joy.
Guided by the Meaningful Life Framework and Person Centred Care principles, the National Lifestyle Manager provides strategic leadership and functional expertise to our teams across our 80 Care Communities – building capability and accountability with the Lifestyle Coordinators and Assistants and the broader team. This is a 12 month fixed term role.
- Contribute to the continued roll out of the Meaningful Life Strategy
- Drive focus on lifestyle assessment and care planning capability in Care Communities
- Ensure Meaningful Life programs are customer centred and reflect the Meaningful Life Framework and Person Centred Care principles
- Work with the Centres of Excellence leadership to ensure continued roll out of the program
- Communicate effectively with Care Community teams regarding programs and deliverables
- Build and deploy orientation and training programs for Lifestyle team members
- Encourage a high performance culture where team members are engaged and inspired to be the best they can be
- Ensure all Meaningful Life related Aged Care Standards are adhered to and provide training to minimise risk to homes in the state
- 3 years senior leadership experience
- Program/Project Management experience
- Strategy development and deployment experience
- Outstanding relationship building and management
- Be an astute influencer
- Tertiary qualifications in Leisure, Management, Education, or Allied Health
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal’s police check system and obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider. You may also be required to undergo pre-employment medical and attend a drug screen.
Please note: a current flu vaccination is required to work at Opal HealthCare and from 17 September 2021, a COVID-19 vaccination will also become a requirement of employment.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal