Location:Sydney - Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:February 25, 2024
headspace Penrith is looking for highly motivated Psychologists, Accredited Mental Health Social Workers or Mental Health Occupational Therapists for an immediate start to work as Private Practitioners.
Our Private Practitioners provide Medicare-funded clinical services to young people that are evidence-based, high quality and demonstrate a holistic approach to client management. The Practitioners complete work in assessment, treatment planning and focused psychological therapy and are highly valued members of our multidisciplinary team.
- Flexible part-time roles available
- 100% of billings + full admin support
- High achieving program with a large reputable organisation
headspace is Australia’s National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Its mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social well-being and economic participation of young Australians aged 12-25 years. To this end, headspace aims to be the focal point for youth mental health issues across the country.
This position would suit an individual who can demonstrate
- One of the following qualifications:
- Full Registration as a Clinical Psychologist or a General Psychologist through Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Mental Health Accredited Social Worker through Australian Association of Social Work (AASW)
- Better Access Endorsed Occupational Therapist through Occupational Therapy Australian (OTA) Therapists.
- Eligibility to provide services under Medicare
- Commitment to achieving therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based treatment strategies to assist some of the most vulnerable members of the community
- Previous experience in delivering psychological interventions
- A flexible and solutions focused approach to practice
- Have an ABN or be able to obtain one and appropriate insurances
- Holds appropriate insurances
- Relevant Criminal History checks
This opportunity has competitive industry conditions which include:
- Receiving 100% of all billings
- Full administrative support including reception, billing, appointment confirmations and reminders
- FREE consultation room and appointment bookings managed by the headspace team
- A supportive, flexible, and autonomous work environment including flexible hours
- Ongoing Medicare funded referrals
- Opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, supportive, and innovative multi-disciplinary team
- Professional development opportunities
- Team building activities/social events
Uniting is a Child Safe Organisation. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe. Protecting children is at the heart of everything we do – at work, at home and in the community. We don’t tolerate disrespect towards children and act immediately to prevent abuse.
As an organisation, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
If this rewarding position appeals to you, we would love to talk. For further information, please contact Kellie Smith, Practice Manager on 0409 425 661.