Location:Sydney - Inner West
Closing:May 22, 2024
- Base Salary up to $36 per hour (depending on experience) + Salary Packaging Benefits + Super
- Working 3 days per week as a floater (Monday – Wednesday)
- Pay less tax – maximum amount of not-for-profit (NFP) salary packaging available up to $18,550 per year
About the Opportunity
This is a part time permanent opportunity to work with a collaborative team 3 days per week (Monday – Wednesday)!
What you’ll be doing in this role
As a Diploma Qualified Educator, you’ll provide quality education and care to children to help support and facilitate their learning outcomes in accordance with the National Quality Standards and learning framework!
Your care work may include:
- Contribute to the development of programs which reflect the approved learning framework.
- Developing positive and respectful relationships that support children, their families and community.
- Facilitating play-based learning environments that are responsive to children’s interest, strengths, and abilities.
- Documenting children’s learning through observations and assessments against learning outcomes
Who we’re looking for
- Diploma in Children Services (essential), with previous experience working at a Diploma Level (preferred)
- A work history that demonstrates recording observations, writing learning stories and supporting the planning of a successful curriculum using the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Understand the National Quality Framework and EYLF
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, families and community members
What we offer you
- Maximum allowable salary packaging up to $15,900 per year + $2,650 meal and entertainment card!
- $500 referral bonus
- A commitment to offer opportunities to grow your career
- Corporate discounts and cash backs programs with major retailers
- Ongoing training & development
About the Service
Uniting Ella Early Learning Haberfield has supported families in our community for over 30 years, with education and childcare, including a preschool program. We are open long hours for children from birth to five years. Within our historic federation house and beautiful grounds in a quiet residential street, our service offers warm and welcoming indoor learning spaces and stimulating outdoor environments designed to inspire and engage. We value every child as an individual with a unique personality, interests and needs, so we can best help them to unlock and achieve their potential while enjoying their time in our care.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Valid working with Children’s Check
- First Aid Certificate
- Working Rights Check
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.