Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:October 28, 2021
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
Benefits & Culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Salary Packaging
- Other bonuses
- Career development opportunities
Located in our Penrith Area Office, this is a role of Quality Improvement Specialist is responsible for providing specialist quality management advice to operational teams at the local level in collaboration with the Practice and Quality team.
This role is focused on the provision of coaching, advice and support to build capability and capacity within the local operational team, specializing in auditing, accreditation, complaints and incident management.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Contribute towards the efficiency and effectiveness of the Residential Aged and Health Care team
- In collaboration with the wider Residential Aged and Health Care team you will lead and facilitate local implementation of stream wide quality management strategies, initiatives and plans;
- Work to enable Service Managers to implement effective quality improvement activities including auditing and complaints and incident management;
- Provide specialist advice at the local level in clinical governance and quality
- Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Post graduate qualification in a relevant field;
- Certification with relevant standard and accreditation body.
Your experience ticks the following boxes:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quality improvement role within a medium to large organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice into complaints management and clinical investigations.
- High level understanding of contemporary approaches to quality management in the health and/or aged care industry.
- A demonstrated passion for social change and contributing to an organisation of influence for the most disadvantaged.
- Skilled at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.