Closing:May 31, 2022
Café Wellness Worker
- Join a Leading Non- For-Profit Organisation
- PPT role – Chinese Speaking facility
- Ashfield, NSW
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking a Café Wellness Worker to work at Uniting Quong Tart on a part time permanent basis, providing assistance in the provision of catering services within the facility and the general cleanliness and hygiene of catering and dining areas consistent with current legislative and requirements.
Key responsibilities may include:
- You’ll monitor supplies and consumables and reorder as needed, in line with relevant budgets
- Communicate well with clients with varied needs and backgrounds
- You’ll oversee the food safety program, maintaining the cleanliness, hygiene and safety of food service areas and equipment
- While providing effective and timely café / hospitality services, you’ll treat our clients with respect and recognise their abilities, preferences and decision-making capacity
- Certificate 2 in Hospitality, Aged Care or working towards
- Current First Aid certificate
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Previous experience in aged or community care or in retail or hospitality environment
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident making decisions
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Confident using electronic, communication tools, including documentation systems, email and mobile phone
- Great organisation and time management skills.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
To Apply Now
Please visit our careers page https://www.uniting.org/join-our-team/current-vacancies
For Further Information Contact: Ivica Yeung
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.