Location:Port Macquarie and Mid North Coast
Closing:June 12, 2022
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and taking action to keep them safe.
As an organization, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting seeks a Registered Nurse to work at Uniting Mingaletta in Port Macquarie, NSW, on a permanent full-time basis
We would love someone who thoroughly enjoys nursing, has excellent clinical skills, can provide engaged leadership, and who has a passion for providing exceptional care.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Excelling at contemporary clinical assessment, making the most of the funding we receive. You’ll be confident using the ACFI funding recording tool to achieve this.
- Overseeing the clinical assessment process to ensure that each of our residents’ complex care needs is identified and regularly reviewed, reassessed, and updated in their care plan.
- Advocating with and for our clients and their carers and families to enable choice and decision-making that supports independence and quality of life.
- Clinical leadership to ensure complex care and specialized nursing services are delivered by appropriately skilled staff under clinically-focused supervision.
- Supporting your team by sharing your knowledge and providing mentoring and clinical supervision on shift.
- Registered Nurse, endorsed by AHPRA
- Flu and Covid vaccination
- Proof of hours from previous employment
Skills & experience
- A good understanding of contemporary aged care, clinical practice, and clinical leadership in a residential setting
- Good knowledge of the ACFI funding instrument and aged care accreditation standards
- Great written documentation and assessment skills
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Salary packaging
For Further Information Contact: Tara Schofield on (02) 6582 8200
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
At Uniting we believe that being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is the best way to keep our employees and clients safe. That’s why we require all potential new employees to have received three (3) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine before they start work with us.