Location:Central Coast,Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:March 12, 2024
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated Registered Nurse to join our Home and Community Care team, to support the Central Coast area.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract with a view to extend and travel is required.
What you’ll be doing in this role
- You will be a clinical leader in the service and you will develop, deliver and evaluate resident care plans to meet the individual needs of our residents
- You’ll need sharp clinical assessment skills and will take the lead in providing clinical services
- You’ll liaise with medical and allied health professionals and residents’ family members to advocate for clients’ quality of life
- Supervise and support our Personal Care Workers
Being a Registered Nurse with Uniting means you need to practice in a holistic way, using your critical decision-making skills to lead the team.
The best part is you get to know each client and become a fundamental part of their life. You support not only their clinical care, but you play an important role in making sure the care provided meets their individual goals. Are you ready to make the biggest impact of your professional career?
What we offer you
- Above-award pay rates (up to $51.15 p/h) and maximum allowable salary packaging to pay less tax (additional $18,550 tax-free plus regional benefits plus parking)
- Work Monday to Friday and between 8.30am to 5pm
- A commitment to offer opportunities to grow your career and leadership skills
- You’ll become part of a community of clinical practitioners that supports you in the continuous development of your clinical practice
For more information on the benefits of being a registered nurse at Uniting, visit our nurse benefits page
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have previous registered nursing experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin a career in aged care if you have nursing experience in the wider health sector
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, resourceful, a great time manager, and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold
- You’ll be committed to contemporary aged care nursing practice.
- You’ll hold a nursing degree with current AHPRA registration.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- APHRA registration checks
- Online medical check
How to apply
- If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you
- Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit.
Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing.
We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About Uniting Aged Care
Uniting is one of Australia’s largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.