Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:March 16, 2024
- Higher hourly rates (to $51.15 p/h) and twice as much salary packaging as hospitals
- Full time opportunity
- Offering Sponsorship for right applicant – must have AHPRA registration
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated Registered Nurse to join our Home and Community Care team, to support the Hunter/Central Coast area.
This is a permanent full-time role & you will be travelling between the Central Coast & Hunter region.
We are looking for an experienced nurse who thoroughly enjoys nursing and who has a passion for providing exceptional care, with a person-centered approach.
As the successful candidate, you will provide effective clinical nursing care that enhances client self-determination, capacity and resilience as well as improves social engagement and quality of life for the individual and family carer.
Who we’re looking for
- Nursing experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin a career in aged care if you have nursing experience in the wider health sector.
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, resourceful, a great time manager, and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
- You’ll be committed to contemporary aged care nursing practice.
- Relevant nursing degree with current AHPRA registration
- A current Australian Driver’s License and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
We’ll create a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
About Uniting Home Care
Uniting is one of Australia’s largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care. Each year, we support around 10,000 people to stay independent in their homes and communities across NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- AHPRA Registration Checks
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- Other pre-employment screenings
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.