The Uniting Home and Community Care (HACC) team at Northern Sydney has an opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse (Community) with an interest in the field of aged care to join our community nursing team on a full-time permanent basis. The position is based in Chatswood and we service clients throughout the Northern Sydney area. The role operates Monday to Friday during normal business hours. The duties are split between community nursing work and an administrative nursing role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Clinical assessment and clinical care coordination.
- Client advocacy that enables choice and decision making in a manner that aligns with Uniting’s organisation values.
- Wound care
- Liaising with medical and multidisciplinary teams to facilitate appropriate client-centred care.
Our people make us the industry leader we are. To succeed in this role you will meet all the essential criteria below:
- RN registration, endorsed by AHPRA
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- An understanding of contemporary aged care clinical practice and of care delivery in a community care setting
- Excellent written documentation and assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Sound negotiation, conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Proficiency using computer applications
- Sound knowledge and commitment to continuous improvement and the application of a quality framework.
- An interest in aged and community care
- Access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
We offer our staff:
- Up to $15900 tax free income per year for salary packaging
- Paid time and per kilometre travel entitlement
- Ongoing training & development
- Career progression opportunities