Location:Newcastle and Hunter
Closing:March 12, 2024
- Paying $7.87 p/h more than public hospitals & twice as much salary packaging
- Night Duty shifts
- Development/leadership opportunities; supportive multi-disciplinary team
About our facility
Uniting Irwin Hall in Mayfield is a happy and peaceful aged care home just a few kilometres from Newcastle’s CBD set across 2 storeys. Your Uniting Homemaker ensures that the community of just 38 residents is thriving and doing things that are meaningful and enjoyable.
What you’ll be doing in this role
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to work from our Mayfield facility on a casual basis. Hours on offer will be morning, afternoon & night duty shifts on weekdays and weekends.
- You will be a clinical leader in the service and you will develop, deliver and evaluate resident care plans to meet the individual needs of our residents
- You’ll need sharp clinical assessment skills and will take the lead in providing clinical services
- You’ll liaise with medical and allied health professionals and residents’ family members to advocate for clients’ quality of life
- Supervise and support our Personal Care Workers
Our Uniting Household Model of care empowers our residential care teams with freedom to support our residents in ways that help them maintain a sense of meaning and purpose in their day.
Being a Registered Nurse with Uniting means you need to practice in a holistic way, using your critical decision-making skills to lead the team.
The best part is you get to know each resident and become a fundamental part of their life. You support not only their clinical care, but you play an important role in making sure the care provided meets their individual goals. Are you ready to make the biggest impact of your professional career?
What we offer you
- Above-award pay rates (up to $51.15 ph) and maximum allowable salary packaging to pay less tax (additional $18,550 tax-free plus regional benefits plus parking)
- Work-life balance with regular shifts and flexible start/finish times to suit you
- A commitment to offer opportunities to grow your career and leadership skills
- Support to develop the skills you need to grow into a Service Manager, Deputy Service Manager, Clinical Nurse Educator as well as other clinical practice, corporate and leadership roles.
- You’ll become part of a community of clinical practitioners that supports you in the continuous development of your clinical practice
For more information on the benefits of being a registered nurse at Uniting, visit our nurse benefits page
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have previous registered nursing experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin a career in aged care if you have nursing experience in the wider health sector
- You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, resourceful, a great time manager, and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold
- You’ll be committed to contemporary aged care nursing practice.
- You’ll hold a nursing degree with current AHPRA registration.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- APHRA registration checks
- Online medical check
How to apply
- If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you
- Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit.
Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing.
We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
About Uniting Aged Care
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.