At Uniting we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. we work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the Role:
This role is responsible for processing transactions, accruals and reconciliation activities related to Revenue and Receivables including Balance Sheet & Income Accounts, Billing, Subsidy Claims, Debt collection, Management & Prudential reporting, Audit and processing of transactions related to Refundable Accommodation Deposits
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Process transactions relating to Refundable Accommodation Deposits and Ingoing Contributions in timely manner, in compliance with applicable legislative and business requirements
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts accurately on monthly basis
- Process monthly subsidy claims, accruals, and reconciliations as per the Aged Care rules and regulations.
- Identify and follow up on any unpaid subsidies with Department of Human Services by liaising with Service managers, Client Administration team, and other areas as required
- Maintain and Monitor the Trust account Balance for Home Care clients
- Maintain the sub ledger system data to ensure accuracy of the data within the ledger
- Respond to and resolve enquiries with the business as required
- Assist Team Leader and actively participate in the developing and reporting of key performance indicators for the team, that will measure and monitor performance ensuring agreed objectives are being met on time.
- Excellent knowledge of Aged Care funding and reporting requirements
- Experience in working in a highly regulated environment is advantageous
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills and numerate ability are essential.
- Tenacity and drive to drive the maximisation of revenue recognition.
- Great communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively with Government departments, clients, service streams, staff and other support functions to achieve client service outcomes
- Excellent skills in the operation ERP software, and analytical tools including Excel
- Experience in consumer oriented shared service environments managing large volumes & high complexity of transactions is essential
- Ability to assist in the implementation of process improvement and efficiency opportunities
- Provide delivery leadership for the projects or portfolio of projects assigned
- Contribution towards the efficiency and effectiveness of your program or project team
- Contribution to ensure the project is delivered on time, and of a high standard/quality
- Participation in your team’s operating rhythm and provide progress updates through agreed forums and channels
What is in it for you?
You will utilise your extensive experience in your field of expertise. You will be continuing to develop in your area of expertise and provide innovative ideas to solve problems in your discipline. You will be developing good skills at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence.
You will be part of a fun and friendly, professional and supportive team and you will cross train in and benefit from our salary packaging option and we offer a degree of flexibility.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national Police check, working with children check, working with vulnerable people check and reference checks.
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.