Closing:Closing in 21 hours
Here at craveable brands. We operate over 570 restaurants across 3 iconic Australian chicken brands; Red Rooster, Oporto and Chicken Treat. Combined, our restaurants hire over 12,500 employees and serve over 150,000 customers a day. It’s safe to say we’re cooking.
Our IT & Digital team is behind the shared tools and platforms that form our tech backbone. There are around 30 of us here in Sydney and in the Philippines, all working hard, having fun and taking our brands and restaurants into the future while adapting to whatever comes our way. Ensuring our brands are at the forefront of technology is at the core of what we do. Which means thinking big, thinking fast – and doing both every day.
Drawing on our business, marketing, retail, development and infrastructure smarts, we use technology to help customers embrace their passion for our brands and, of course, our food. It’s a simple mission, but when you pair it with a hugely competitive industry and heavily invested internal customers, you get an environment where results matter and change is constant.
About the Gig
Serious development going on here!
Lead the development of our eCommerce platform, built primarily with Lambda-based microservices in NodeJS and hosted on Amazon Web Services. Our modern platform powers the web and mobile applications for multiple iconic Australian fast food brands, including Oporto and Red Rooster.
You will be working in an agile environment with several key stakeholders. You will help honour our commitment to continual platform improvement and innovation.
You will have demonstrated success having written unit tests using Mocha, Chai and Sinon frameworks.
Integration experience with external vendor API using REST and development of end-to-end lifecycle – Git (Bitbucket), JIRA and Confluence.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience developing large-scale/High performance platform APIs, e-commerce transactional solutions
- Demonstrated technical best practices for serverless architecture
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and the full web development and testing life cycle
- Experience building and supporting system to system integrations using API & Microservices architectures
- Experience building software solutions using technologies such as;
- Node JS
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Dynamo DB
- AWS SNS, SQS, API gateway
- AWS CloudWatch
About our Culture & Benefits:
If you are someone who thrives working in an entrepreneurial, hands on team environment and would like to join a dynamic, fun and progressive organisation then this is an excellent opportunity for you. We have a focus on work/life balance and are committed to making it work for you.
- Extra day of leave in your birthday month
- Purchased annual leave, up to 2 weeks
- Paid parental leave policy
- We encourage work/life balance and for you to take full advantage of the summer months through our Summer Working Hours offering!
- Being out and about in our stores is important to us, so have some food on us and give us your honest opinion
- Discounted gym membership
- Paid Good Deed (volunteering) 2 days
- Discounted health insurance and health products
- Flexible working arrangements
Hungry to Hear More?
Submit your interest by including your resume and a cover letter telling us a little more about yourself.
Craveable brands. is an EEO employer and promotes diversity in the workplace.