At Uniting we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. we work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the Role:
You will be an integral member of the Employee Experience team in the Customer, People and Systems team.
This role is responsible for providing support managers, supervisors and employees to address and resolve a range of human resources and employee relations issues. This role is more that proving HR advice. We aim to enable our manager and supervisors to make better people decision through providing with timely advice based on a solid legislative knowledge, an appreciation for organisation needs and desire to uphold the values of the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide consistent HR advice and coaching to line managers and supervisors in line with HR better practice, legislative guidelines and Uniting Policy/process
- Review and collate material from the business (e.g. preparation and review of letters, disciplinary and performance management processes)
- Undertake case management of matters (end-to-end support) including investigations
- Support upskilling of the business through facilitated workshops
- Build knowledge banks and other collateral for the People Portal
- Be proactive in identifying areas of concern or patterns of issues
- Work with the broader HR team, in particular HR BPs and Employee Services to ensure that the business is provided with appropriate support and to minimise double handling
- Investigations and ER will be a focus in this role
- You will have tertiary qualifications in HR, Employee Relations of Law, and
- Will have several years of experience providing advice on employment law and employee relations matters.
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work as a member of a dynamic team.
What is in it for you?
Not only will you will utilise your extensive experience in your field of expertise with an opportunity to work with a number of experience employee relations professions with a background in a wide variety of industries. Learning to balance compassion, business acumen and employee relations knowledge while developing skills in navigating a complex organisation. This role is challenging a rewarding.
You will be part of a fun and friendly, professional and supportive team and you will cross train in and benefit from our salary packaging option and we offer a degree of flexibility.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national Police check, working with children check, working with vulnerable people check and reference checks.
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.