At Uniting we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. Our focus is always on the people we serve.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
About the Role:
The social media and media officer role is an integral member of the Media and Public Affairs team sitting in the People, Customer and Systems branch.
The role is responsible for supporting the Media and Social Media function of the Uniting Local Area Coordination Program delivering the NDIS to the local community. The role will require you to protect and enhance the reputation of Uniting LAC. You will provide media relations, social media, research, project management, measurement/reporting and administrative support on brand, advocacy and business stream Media activity.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop the Uniting LAC social media strategy for all relevant LAC accounts, channels, in line with Uniting’s tone of voice and brand and managing frequency of communication and moderation.
- Manage all digital media platforms associated with Uniting LAC: Facebook and the LAC website YouTube and Stories.
- Developing an understanding of the NDIS branding to co-brand with the Uniting LAC branding through digital media and traditional media.
- Research and develop content for the LAC website and complete changes to the website using the LAC content management system.
- Research and create relevant, original, shareable and high-quality content for mainstream media and social media. This will include writing, minor photo/video editing in Canva.
- Meet with relevant stakeholders to discuss, plan and approve social media content.
- Maximise audience social media reach and engagement for all Uniting content.
- Manage community and moderation of comments and messages on posts.
- Research and report using social media listening tools to provide stakeholders with sentiment on issues affecting Uniting LAC.
- Development and implementation of brand social media marketing campaigns.
- Develop and proactively share insights/reports with the Media/Social Media Lead and the broader teams.
Ideally you have:
- Well-rounded knowledge of the social media platforms outlined above, including emerging social trends; practical experience working with social media platforms for a business or brand preferable.
- Experience in developing social media and media strategies and implementing them.
- Experience working with journalists and media including pitching and managing media issues.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including excellent use of correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to analyse, review and report on the effectiveness of content and audience sentiment.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
You will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate passion, enthusiasm and genuine commitment various causes and programs and our workforce diversity
- Use your excellent written, verbal communication skills and storytelling.
- Apply your knowledge of Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite an advantage.
- Utilise your knowledge of social media platforms a must
What is in it for you?
You will be part of a fun and friendly supportive team, feel valued and work in a fast-paced environment for a progressive organisation. Uniting is a phase of growth and transformation; the latter may lead to opportunity to grow with us! Salary packaging option and a level of flexibility is offered.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national Police check, working with children check, working with vulnerable people check and reference checks.
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.