Location:Tamworth and North West NSW
Closing:June 12, 2022
About the opportunity
Located in Tamworth, Uniting has a fantastic opportunity for a compassionate, enthusiastic, and experienced Residential Service Manager to steer, motivate and support our team at Uniting St Andrews (McKay House and Alblas Lodge) on full-time permanent bases.
Your responsibilities will be varied and will require you to draw upon your experience to encourage supervise and support a diverse range of staff from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who can contribute to a harmonious team and advocate on behalf of our clients and families in alignment with the Uniting core values; Compassion, Bold, Respectful and Imaginative. This is a pivotal management role best suited to a talented candidate who considers themselves to be an expert within the field of aged care.
Key responsibilities may include:
• Manage the day-to-day service operations to ensure evidence-based best practice care is implemented
• Monitor financial performance, budgets, and the ACFI submission process to formulate initiatives to ensure future sustainability
• Oversee recruitment, selection, and training for all staff in partnership with Human Resources
• Investigate and provide innovative solutions to systems and processes for continual improvement
Adopting a person-centered approach you will provide guidance, ongoing development, and regular feedback to ensure performance expectations are fulfilled in adherence to Aged Care Accreditation Standards.
• Degree /Diploma or higher in the relevant field of study
• Current registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
• Flu & Covid vaccination
Skills & experience
• Extensive experience in Aged Care, Social Services, Management, or related disciplines
• A good networker to develop partnerships with participants external to the organization.
• Solid financial management with a track record in delivering operational strategies
• Confident in navigating and nurturing teams through ambiguity and change
• Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
• Postgraduate qualifications in aged care, health service management, or similar
• Certification from Case Management Society (CMSA)
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Bonus $5000 for the successful direct external candidate after completing 6 months in the role
- Ongoing training & development
- Salary Packaging
- Other bonuses
- Career development opportunities
For Further Information Contact: Sarka Petrik on 0439 512 267 or Sbudinska@uniting.org
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
At Uniting we believe that being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is the best way to keep our employees and clients safe. That’s why we require all potential new employees to have received three (3) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine before they start work with us.