Location:South West and M5 Corridor
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice
This is a permanent, part time position, 67 hours per fortnight
You’ll be working as part of a dynamic team that is providing day to day support and case management for 12-15 year olds who are homeless and residing in the Stepping Stones Youth Accommodation Program in South West Sydney.
You will work closely with the young people in the service to support the development of their independent living skills, engagement with education, social skills and community engagement and where possible restoration back to the family home.
This includes participating in planning and delivery of structured activities, and taking an active role in implementing and supporting household routines and day to day tasks as required.
- Relevant qualifications in Community Services or related fields
- Senior First Aid certificate or willingness to get obtain one
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable and at risk young people
- Understanding of the Child Protection legislation and experience working within legislation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to develop relationships with young people and their families and a commitment to enhancing family connections
- Ability to work a rotating roster that will be required to work across weekends, nights and sleep over shifts.
- NSW Drivers licence
- Experience working within a trauma informed framework
- Experience working with young people in a residential setting
In return we offer:
- Ex gratia leave
- Salary packaging options
- Supportive team environment
- Training and development opportunities
Our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, child and family, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
If this sounds like a job for you, please click apply to get your application started.
Applications close: Tuesday, 19 October at 11:55pm.
For more information, contact Soraya Kauhiva on 0466 867 firstname.lastname@example.org