Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:October 22, 2021
Family and Carer Mental Health Program offers education, training and individual support services to families and Carers of those with mental illness, aiming to improve care well-being, resilience, coping skills and relationships.
- Full Time in Penrith
- Opportunity to promote hope & recovery in people’s lives
- Good rates Plus Generous salary packaging benefits
The Individual Support Worker works with the Team Leader to ensure that the most appropriate and effective services are provided to Carers accessing the service. Support workers will support the development of individualised support plans to best support each Carer.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Assist with the assessment of Carers, the development of individual support plans and delivery of individual support based on individual Carer goals.
2) Assist with the monitoring and review of Carersupport plans.
3) Work collaboratively to maintain effective and sustainable internal and external relationships to support care pathways for service user 4) Ensure Risk Management Practices are followed appropriately
1. Cert IV in Mental Health or equivalent in related field
2. Experience providing individual advocacy for families and Carers of an individual with a mental health issue
3. Ability to facilitate support groups for families and Carers
4. Understanding and application of the principles of Recovery Oriented Mental Health Practice
5. Demonstrated ability to liaise with other organisations/health care professionals
6. Demonstrated ability to develop support plans and utilise outcome measures
7. Strong knowledge of local service networks
8. Demonstrated ability to work cohesively within a team, as well as independently to achieve KPIs
9. Unrestricted driver’s license
10. Ability to use relevant information technology / systems
11. Meet an acceptable National Criminal History Check
12. ‘Working with Children’ Clearance
1. Experience in Suicide Intervention, or completion of ASIST training
2. ‘Mental Health First Aid’ training
3. First Aid Certificate
4. An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries only to firstname.lastname@example.org . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button.