Location:Dubbo and Central West NSW
Closing:October 30, 2021
About the Opportunity
We require Support Worker/Care Workers to work morning, afternoon and night shifts, working collaboratively together in our Respite Cottage. This role is responsible for enhancing the residents’ well-being inclusive of their physical, psychological, social and spiritual qualities, to facilitate self-determination, capacity and resilience, as well as improve social engagement and quality of life for the resident.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing a wide range of personal care services to residents
- Supervise daily hygiene – showers or baths, shaving, cutting nails; lay out clothes and assist in dressing; make beds and tidy rooms; store clothes and clean wardrobes
- Assist and support residents with medication utilising medication compliance aids; simple wound dressing, etc.
- Assist with meals and feeding
- Recognise, report and respond appropriately to changes in condition of residents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience in aged or community care
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Flu Vaccination
- Certified in Medication Administration
- Great organisation and time management skills
Benefits & Culture
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Please note, vaccinations may be required.
For any questions, please contact Abigail Corpuz, Talent Acquisition Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org.