At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We currently have multiple opportunities for permanent and casual support workers to join our Home and Community Care team in our Northern Sydney areas (North Shore, Northern Beaches and Ku-ring-gai). We have services that run from 7am-7pm Mon-Sun.
With a focus on supporting our clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible, duties and responsibilities can include:
- Help at around the home: Assisting with housekeeping, grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Personal Care: Help with showering and getting dressed
- Transport: Getting to appointments or going on shopping trips
- Social and wellbeing: Encourage social connectedness through conversation, outings and Healthy Living for Seniors activities
Qualifications and experience:
- Holds certificate 3 or 4 in Aged Care or Individual Support or equivalent qualifications – essential
- Hold TAFE course CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set (or equivalent) – essential
- Access to a comprehensively insured vehicle (as driving will be required)
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current driver’s license
- Must be available to work Thursday and Friday
Our region provides services to clients under the Northern Sydney TRANSPAC– Transitional Aged Care Program. As such, we require all new Support Workers in our region to be fully vaccinated against specified infectious diseases according to NSW Heath requirements. You must have or obtain vaccinations for the following diseases:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Hepatitis Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
- Paid travel time and reimbursement of kilometres
Shortlisting will be completed by Thursday, 30th of September and all candidates will be contacted with an outcome.
Click Apply below to start your application.