Location:Lismore and Far North Coast
Closing:June 21, 2022
What you’ll be doing in this role
At Uniting we call our Home Care Workers, ‘Support Workers’. In this role, you’ll provide care and companionship for older people living in their own homes, to help empower their independence and improve their quality of life in the Yamba Area. You’ll be required to travel to client’s homes and communities, using your own car.
The care work you do may include:
- Helping around the home – assisting with housekeeping and meal preparation
- Giving personal care – helping with showering and getting dressed
- Providing transport for wellbeing – driving to appointments, and accompanying clients on shopping trips, or to Uniting Healthy Living for Seniors programs.
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have previous experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin your career in aged care.
- You’ll be empathetic and resourceful and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
- You’ll also be flexible and prepared to help meet the changing needs and schedules of our home care clients.
- You’ll need a provisional or full Australian driving licence and ongoing access to a reliable vehicle that’s comprehensively insured (not just CTP).
- Ideally, you’ll have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care or Individual Support or an equivalent qualification. If you’re not currently qualified and would like to be, then we can help you get there. You’ll also need a First Aid Certificate but if you don’t have one yet, we can help you with that also.
We’ll create a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
About Uniting Home Care
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support around 10,000 people to stay independent in their homes and communities across NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- Other pre-employment screenings
- Full COVID-19 vaccination (3 doses).
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.