Location:Parramatta and Western Suburbs
Closing:May 26, 2022
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities, and confront injustice. As an organisation, Uniting celebrates our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
We live our values of Compassionate, Respectful, Imaginative and Bold in our interactions and through our everyday work.
About the role:
You will be responsible for providing specific admin tasks to support Uniting’s internal talent acquisition (TA) team ensuring an exceptional recruitment experience for ALL of our valued candidates.
A key focus of your role is stakeholder engagement as this role isn’t about taking an order and facilitating a recruitment process, our hiring managers are used to partnering with the TA team working hand in glove to understand their needs and then deliver on that approach.
As you can imagine, you’ll be involved in various parts of the recruitment process such as helping us source, identify, screen, and hire great candidates providing ongoing support right through to the on-boarding stage.
You may have experience in a similar TA Coordinator role or have an HR background at Coordinator/Administrator level, but equally important is your personality and attitude! As our ideal candidate you will have excellent communication, organisational and exceptional follow-up skills.
1-2 years experience in a similar role would be ideal OR experience working in a fast paced administrative role and are looking to make a change into TA world!
Flexibility looks different to everyone – this role is a hybrid working arrangement with Parramatta CBD as a base location.
What you’ll do:
- Form and nurture close relationships with hiring managers and wider internal stakeholders
- On a rotating basis monitor our careers inbox ensuring enquiries are re-directed to the correct TA team member
- Communicate on a regular basis with candidates regarding references, assessments, compliance checks such as working with children checks, NDIS checks and Police checks as well as collecting and verifying proof of Covid-19 vaccinations
- Check daily when new role requisitions come through, as you liaise with the TA team in terms of writing and posting engaging job adverts to post onto job platforms such as Uniting Careers, Seek, Ethical Jobs and LinkedIn to name but a few.
- Review applications received, create a long list/shortlist with a view to conduct telephone screens and send diary invitations interviews to the candidate, hiring manager and nominated interview panel. Strong calendar management is needed.
- Gathering and consolidating candidate feedback from interviewers
- With support from the TA team you will undertake pro-active search strategies through online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks to build pipelines of potential applicants
- Keep abreast of new trends within the world of recruitment – we value your suggestions and will implement accordingly
- Potential to organise and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline as well as promote Uniting NSW & ACT as a leading employer
Your experience will cover:
- 1-2 years experience in a recruitment related position or fast paced administrative position
- Strong MS office experience, SharePoint and ability to pick up systems and processes quickly
- Initiative, Initiative, Initiative! Identifying new and efficient ways of working always welcome!
- You are an effective communicator that can hold confident, positive and encouraging conversations
- You have excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience using PageUp our applicant tracking System would be amazing!
If you don’t tick every box, that’s okay – we would love to hear from you even if you have some of the skills/experience we are seeking
This is a rewarding and fast paced position that requires someone who is genuinely a ‘people person’ and loves connecting with others, someone who thrives under pressure, meets deadlines, has a passionate for recruitment and wants to make a positive contribution.
Why work with us?
At Uniting our people connect to our purpose of inspiring people, enlivening communities, and confronting injustice.
- NFP salary packaging (potential $15,900 as a tax-free benefit)
- Genuine flexibility in working hours and the opportunity to work regularly from home
- Supportive, collaborative, passionate and connected team environment
- Ongoing Professional development
- Employee discounts and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
All applications are reviewed upon receipt, please apply today!
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which will include a national Police check, working with children check, working with vulnerable people check and reference checks.