The Warekila Adult Mental Health Service enables consumers with a GP diagnosed severe mental illness aged 18 years and over to be managed within the primary care setting by efficiently and effectively utilising GP care, and ensuring that appropriate supports are in place for the consumer.
The service consists of a multidisciplinary team including mental health nurses, allied health professionals, medical staff, and peer workers. The overall aim of the Warekila service is to have a positive impact on people’s recovery and management of mental illness. Services are provided in a range of environments, including medical clinics, people’s homes, or other locations convenient to the consumer.
- Team Leader / Clinical Nurse Consultant – Adult Mental Health Service
- Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist / Psychologist / Social Worker
- Some Telehealth + Attractive Salary Packaging Benefits
The duties of the Clinical Nurse Consultant /Team Leader in Warekila will include, but are not confined to:
- providing leadership and role modelling, in collaboration with other senior clinical staff and leadership team members;
- staff and patient/client education;
- staff selection, management, development and appraisal;
- participating in policy development and implementation;
- acting as a consultant on request in the employee’s own area of proficiency; for the purpose of facilitating the provision of quality clinical mental health care;
- delivering direct and comprehensive clinical care to consumers and clients with complex mental health care needs in the Warekila service;
- coordinating, and ensuring the maintenance of standards of the clinical care consumers and clients within Warekila;
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker), and full membership with AHPRA or the appropriate professional body:
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership experience in the mental health sector, with a minimum of 5 years’ of clinical experience and 1 year of clinical leadership experience
- Substantial experience and demonstrated skill in the provision of high-quality mental health assessment and evidence-based therapeutic interventions, within a stress-vulnerability framework
- Proven expertise in the application of evidence based clinical practice within the mental health field in both a case management and therapeutic role
- Demonstrated experience and skill in the coordination of individualised psychosocial interventions to meet the needs of young people and/or consumers presenting with a variety of mental health concerns based on a case formulation approach
- Demonstrated ability to exercise high level of professional judgement and knowledge when performing a range of novel, complex and critical tasks, specific to their discipline
- Demonstrated ability to allocate resources, set priorities and ensure budgets are met within the services to deliver strategic outcome
- Demonstrated to develop/implement and deliver strategic business plans which increase the level of care to customers within a budget framework as required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, lead and manage multiple clinical teams and provide appropriate feedback, performance management, and adhere to all staff recruitment procedures
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships, ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with team members, other professionals and external agencies.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), creative problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007) and the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act (1998), and other relevant legislation
- Ability to maintain the relevant philosophy, standards and policies of the applicable models
across various clinical programs to promote the recovery of consumers.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Check
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries only to firstname.lastname@example.org . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button.