About the Opportunity
We are looking for a vibrant, experienced and qualified Team Leader to join us, you would be located in the Nowra Office and will support and guide our Support Worker team that covers the Shoalhaven area. This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join Uniting Home and Community Care on a permanent full-time basis at a time of exciting change and opportunities.
You will be responsible for providing leadership, support, coaching and mentoring to a team of aged care community employees across the South Coast region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, coaching, supporting and mentoring a team of Support Workers that provide services to aged care clients in their own home
- Monitoring the standards of service provided so that staff performance, training and service quality requirements are understood and met , resulting in job satisfaction and retention of staff
- Conducting service satisfaction audits in the client homes whilst maintaining the support worker’s confidence and meeting required Key performance Indicators and quality standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate IV Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Community Services or equivalent qualification OR working towards
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of Support Workers
- Demonstrated understanding of client centered practice
- Demonstrated experience / knowledge of Allied Health or Community Aged Care Services
- Demonstrated experience in working as part of a progressive and pro-active team
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with access to a fully comprehensive insured vehicle
Benefits & Culture
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Please note, vaccinations may be required.
For any questions, please contact Abigail Corpuz, Talent Acquisition Specialist on email@example.com.