About the role:
Permanent position based is Cabramatta
The therapeutic practitioner provides therapeutic family casework services using the Functional Family Therapy (FFT)-Child Welfare (CW) model to families referred by Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) where there is physical abuse and neglect of a child aged 0-17 years. These children are considered to be at high risk of further escalation in the child protection system and entry into Out of Home Care (OOHC).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the FFT-CW model consultants and DCJ you will carry a case load and deliver in the in-home services in line with the FFT-CW to families
- Deliver services in a culturally inclusive and respectful manner to Aboriginal families and to families who come from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Contribute positively to the development of collaborative partnerships with DCJ in the region, and with other key organisations.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Social Work or Psychology, or a related Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of child protection and significant experience working with families at risk
- Willingness to be trained and participate in all FFT-CW model components
- Proven experience managing a caseload working in family preservation and restoration programs
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities across our varied service streams
- Work within an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the communities in which they live
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free.
If you feel you have the passion and ability to make a real difference then please apply now! Or contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on; 0466 801 937 / email@example.com for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which will include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.