At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Tradesperson to join our friendly and supportive Sydney Central Home Maintenance & Modification Service (HMMS) on a full-time basis.
The role is based in Marrickville with clients across the Inner West and South East Sydney.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct effective and quality minor home maintenance (including gardening and lawn mowing) and modification works for community clients
- Recognise and complete tasks within programme guidelines and client preferences
- Adhere to legislative requirements regarding building works
- Prepare quotes and complete associatedfor maintenance and modification services
- Monitor equipment to ensure safe working order
- Working collaboratively with the broader Home Maintenance & Modification Service team to ensure the best outcome for our clients
- Using Uniting systems and other relevant computer applications to support service delivery
You are an experienced Tradesperson with a high attention to detail that thrives on helping others. Specifically, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Licence in Specialist or Trade work (as defined by NSW Fair Trading) and/or Certificate in Building, Construction or Horticulture area or equivalent and relevant to the field of work and/or Completed training in WHS construction Induction Training Certificate (white card)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to prioritise and delegate competing workloads and tasks
- Demonstrate understanding of WHS principles and risk management practices
- Experience using power tools and a wide range of skills in home maintenance and construction
- Ability to drive a vehicle with a box trailer
- Willingness to travel around Greater Sydney Area
- Australian Drivers Licence
- Proficient in using computer applications including Microsoft office, client/data management systems and a willingness to learn new programs
- Current First Aid or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated commitment to Uniting values “We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.”
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & career development opportunities
- Salary packaging for permanent employees (visit Advantage Salary Packaging for more information)
- Paid travel entitlements
- Discounts with select retailers
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
Applications close Friday 17th of September.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check and reference checks.