Closing:October 24, 2021
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The Hospital Assistant works as part of the small and cohesive Hotel Services Department at WMH.
The Food Services part of the role is responsible for the receipt, preparation, serving and clearing of food to our aged care rehabilitation patients. The role is also involved in the preparation of food for hospital functions and for sale and service at the WMH Kiosk on site. The Hospital Assistant works within the hospital kitchen environment or also within the hospital kiosk as required. The expectation is of a high level of customer service, delivered in a courteous, timely and safe manner.
The Environmental Services part of the role is responsible for meeting the hospital campus cleaning, linen and waste requirements during daytime hours. This includes clinical and non-clinical areas alongside basic hospital portering duties.
All Hospital Assistants have some direct patient contact as well as with various members of the healthcare team including nursing, allied health and support staff.
This role is well supported by the Hotel Services Manager.
Multiple positions are available for casual hours across a 7 day rotating roster.
WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
1. Demonstrated experience as a Hospital Assistant or similar position within a Food or Environmental services area
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience of food safety, handling and hygiene procedures with relevant certificate or willingness to attain same or Demonstrated knowledge and experience of hospital cleaning standards and processes
3. Good standard of verbal, written and electronic communication skills with ability to communicate amongst all levels and departments within the hospital
4. Demonstrated ability to work well supervised, within a team and also independently following schedules and instructions
5. Previous experience or desire to work in an aged care environment
6. Knowledge and experience or willingness to learn in a retail food service environment (Food Services Role)
7. Ability and availability to work across a 7 day rotating roster
8. Awareness of Work Health Safety and Infection Control principles
This position is a Casual role.
Position Description: PD_Hospital Assistant – Hotel Services_Casual_October 2021.doc
Enquiries to: Marie Lansdowne-Beck Hotel Services Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org 9369 0239
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 24th October 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.