Location:North Shore and Northern Beaches
Closing:Closing in 3 hours
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, iREAP Day Rehabilitation Program, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Podiatrist to lead, guide and manage the War Memorial Hospital Podiatry Department and implement high levels of clinical expertise in order to provide high quality Podiatry care to clients consistent with Uniting, NSW Health and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards.
- Qualifications in accordance with MSIC & WMH Health Professionals Agreement 2016, current registration with AHPRA and eligibility for membership with the Australian Association of Podiatry
- Minimum of 4 years post graduate clinical experience working as a Podiatrist and a high level of knowledge, expertise and skill in Podiatry practice
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level clinical support and supervision to professional, technical and support staff
- Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels
- Ability to provide high level advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a complex nature
- Ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff
- Current NSW Driver’s License Class C
This position is a temporary full time role from Dec 2021-Dec 2022.
Position Description: PD_Senior Podiatrist_Temp FT_Sept 2021.pdf
Enquiries to: Genevieve Maiden, Allied Health & Integrated Care Manager WMH – 02 9369 0351 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 24th October 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.