Location:Sydney - Inner West
Closing:February 29, 2024
- Up to $51.15 p/h (dep upon exp.) + penalties, super , tax benefits, casual loading
- Earn up to 7.87 per hour higher than public hospitals
- Shifts with flexible hours to suit your availability, up to 76 hours per fortnight
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s leading aged care providers
- Currently travelling across all of our facilities in Western Sydney, Emu Plains, Penrith, Hawkesbury and Springwood
What you’ll be doing in this role
Our Uniting Household Model of care empowers our residential care teams with freedom to support our residents in ways that help them maintain a sense of meaning and purpose in their day. You’ll provide high standards of clinical care for residents living in our aged care home, to support their independence and improve their quality of life.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and evaluating individualised resident care plans
- Providing clinical services such as wound management, medication management and palliative care
- Liaising with medical and allied health professionals and residents’ family members
- Supervising and supporting our Personal Care Workers.
For more information on the benefits of being a registered nurse at Uniting, visit our nurse benefits page
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have previous registered nursing experience in aged or community care, or a passion to begin a career in aged care if you have nursing experience in the wider health sector.
- You’ll be flexible, adaptable, empathetic, resourceful, a great time manager, and be able to live Uniting’s everyday values of being compassionate, respectful, imaginative, and bold.
- You’ll be committed to contemporary aged care nursing practice.
- You’ll hold a nursing degree with current AHPRA registration.
We’ll create a better future for you
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to grow and develop to be their best through our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation. Together, we can build a better future for the people and communities we serve, and for you.
About Uniting Aged Care
Uniting is one of the largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of aged care in Australia. Each year, we support more than 7,000 residents in over 70 aged care homes throughout NSW and the ACT. We actively advocate for the right of every senior to age in comfort and dignity, wherever and however they live. We value diversity and always welcome everyone, exactly as they are.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Uniting requires:
- A National Police Check
- Reference checks
- APHRA registration checks
- Other pre-employment screenings
- NDIS clearance preferable
- Covid vaccinations are highly desirable not mandatory
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.