Closing:October 31, 2021
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
This position is a permanent part time role, 24 hours per week, days and hours negotiable.
War Memorial Hospital is seeking a suitably skilled professional for a unique permanent part-time role as our Work Health Safety and Injury Management (WHS/IM) Co-ordinator. This position co-ordinates and leads all WHS and IM functions at WMH. It works directly with WMH Executive Management in providing specialist advice and campus leadership in all aspects of designated areas.
The WHS/IM Co-ordinator also works directly with the WMH workforce in implementation of relevant operational processes, based on an advisory and enablement model, with direct employee input and engagement as relevant. This role represents on internal and external committees, oversees the WMH WHS/IM Health Profiling and engages in the WMH accreditation processes. This role incorporates site emergency and fire co-ordination as part of the WHS brief. This is done in tandem with WMH Executive Management who retain overall responsibility.
The WHS/IM Co-ordinator has a clear professional network with the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) WHS team for NSW Ministry of Health strategic direction and support, ensuring legislative compliance, organisational policy and process alignment. There is a communication line and support network with the Uniting People and Systems team who are responsible for implementation of strategic Uniting WHS initiatives.
The WHS/IM Co-ordinator is integral to promoting a positive workplace culture that inspires continuous improvement and an engaged workforce. WMH prides itself on being a proactive, preventative and safety orientated workplace that balances business sustainability and employee related best practice. This permanent part-time position presents an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded professional with direct input at both strategic and operational level within a cohesive hospital campus environment.
1. Holds a tertiary qualification in Work Health Safety (WHS) or equivalent field of study
2. Minimum of 5 years’ specialist experience in WHS, preferably but not exclusively within a healthcare environment
3. In depth knowledge of WHS and Injury Management legislation, policies, processes and industry best practices
4. Highly developed communication skills inclusive of verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
5. Capacity to work autonomously with self-direction and also effectively as part of a team
6. Demonstrated ability to project manage, prioritise tasks, generate reports, meeting deadlines which support and influence business decisions
7. Demonstrated experience in coaching and enabling capability to elicit optimal performance from all employees
8. Understanding of risk management concepts relative to WHS/IM/Emergency with ability to influence sound business decision making considerate of business sustainability and reasonable solutions
Position Description: PD WHS IM Co-ordinator Oct 2021.pdf
Enquiries to: Jane McGuire – 9369 0339 – Jane.Mcguire@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, 31st October 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.