Location:Lismore and Far North Coast
Closing:January 17, 2022
Kick start a new career at Opal.
Have you always wanted to get into aged care, but haven’t been sure on where to start? Opal are looking for candidates who want to become nurses of the future.
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 homes across four states, employing a team of over 9,000 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with 8 new care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About the role:
Our Care Support Officers will support our care team with daily living tasks for our residents to optimise their independence, health, well-being and quality of life. We are looking to build a new team of highly passionate people and have a number of vacancies available.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Experience working in hospitality or customer service
- A compassionate and empathetic nature
- Willingness to obtain a Certificate III in Individual Support
- Adaptable to change and enjoys working in a team environment
What Opal can offer you:
- Flexible working hours and shift options
- Pro-rata Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Access to Career Progression via Opal’s Educational Scholarships
- Employee Referral Program – earn bonuses for inviting your friends to work with us!
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes, as well as at least one dose of the COVID19 vaccine from September 17, 2021.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal