Closing:Closing in 3 hours
What’s an Apprentice Automotive Technician?
As one of our Apprentice Automotive Technicians, you’ll combine attending TAFE with hands-on experience in one of our 275+ stores. Combining practical learning with automotive theory, your knowledge will grow through activities such as fitting and balancing tyres, undertaking road tests on customer vehicles and performing a range of mechanical duties.
This fully paid, light vehicle mechanic apprenticeship is a four-year learn-on-the-job course. We put people first, so we’ll provide support through Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) to help you find your feet and build your confidence so you can perform scheduled maintenance and detect larger problems while completing tasks like oil changes, coolant flushes, engine tuning and more!
So why mycar?
At mycar we strive to do things differently. We’re focused on people first – and that includes helping you succeed in a career pathway that you’re passionate about. With over 1,400 employees nationally, we’re one of the largest employers in the automotive service and repair industry. We’re also the largest single employer of Apprentice Automotive Technicians in Australia. If you need any more reasons to join mycar, keep reading!
- Earn while you learn! mycar will pay you while you undertake your apprenticeship
- The security and opportunity of working with an industry leader, with the comfort of the local store feel
- People-first and safety-always culture
- Every day is different with the opportunity to work on a variety of cars
- Career pathway options once you finish your apprenticeship – 2IC, Store Manager
- Continual in-house technical training – keeping your skills relevant and up-to-date
- mycar&me reward and recognition program including employee discounts like – 10c off fuel, generous tyre & servicing discounts, plus discounts with 60+ entertainment, travel, health, insurance, finance suppliers and more
- Laundered uniforms – that’s right, no washing for you!
- Access to our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program that can support your wellbeing in personal and work life
- Competitive wages along with access to a bonus program that rewards good performance
- A tight-knit team that prides itself on creating a supportive and fun environment for everyone
If you like what you’ve read, love cars and enjoy hands-on learning – we want to hear from you! Applications for our 2023 Apprentice Program are open! This means you can apply today and secure yourself an apprenticeship that starts in 2023 (or earlier if you want!).
Locations Available: Firle, Tea Tree, Reynella
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a fun group recruitment session to meet our store leaders.
Applications close Friday 18 November 2022.