- Be part of an established brand with real career progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Earn while you learn!
At Programmed we are passionate about sourcing great local talent and providing our people with opportunities for growth and development. We have a long and proud history of employing apprentices in our business with many of our leaders having started their careers undertaking an Apprenticeship.
Due to continued growth we are looking for hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to join our NSW (Sydney Region) team as a 1st year Apprentice Boilermaker, based in Penrith. Working closely with qualified and experienced tradespeople, Supervisors and even other Apprentices you will gain valuable skills & knowledge to ultimately secure your trade qualification (Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade).
As an Apprentice Boilermaker you will learn how to cut, shape, assemble and weld steel and use and maintain a wide range of machinery, and will have exposure working in a workshop environment as well as various client sites. Your week will incorporate learning the trade at Tafe and receiving hands-on, on-the-job training.
We will invest in you over the four year apprenticeship so you can continue your career with us, with potential to move into Leadership roles such as a Site Supervisor or Operations Manager in the future. An apprenticeship can open up a world of possibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Motivation to succeed and a willingness to learn;
- Values team work and has a positive attitude to working in a safe and productive manner;
- Ability to follow direction with excellent attention to detail;
- The ability to listen and understand customer and company requirements;
- Commitment to building a long term career;
- Completion of Year 10 or equivalent;
- A current Drivers License is preferred, but not essential; and
- Completion of a relevant pre-apprenticeship course is advantageous, but not essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity to begin your career with an industry leader. It is the ideal role for someone who has a genuine desire to pursue a career in the Industrial Maintenance industry.
A January 2020 commencement is anticipated.
To find out more about Programmed and our team click on the clip/s below.
- Programmed | Introducing Emma – Apprentice Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Programmed | Introducing Jeremiah – Apprentice Fitter
Who are we?
Programmed Industrial Maintenance is a leading provider of industrial maintenance solutions to the mining, oil & gas, manufacturing, utilities and infrastructure industries, leveraging scale to deliver localised services efficiently. Working with Programmed Industrial Maintenance means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
Programmed supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourages this in all that we do.
So it’s over to you. If you would like to join our team, please APPLY now.